[Tinycc-devel] tcc as jit-compiler

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tcc as jit-compiler
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:24:38 +0200

hi all,
I would try to play with tcc as jit compiler
in a program working with win32 gui
and implementing a scripting language.

Something like a microscopic emacs,
where elisp functions are replaced by C compiled code.
tcc should compile and (most important) re-compile user-functions
in a quite large number and number of times.
(Probably C code coompiled by tcc will be the translation of an hl script lang).

Playing with the examples for tcclib it sounds promising to me,
but I just can't figure out which kind of problems will issue a massive
use of JIT compilation over the same execution session.

I'll appreciate any suggestions (...even "Emacs? forget it...").

best regards
paolo