[Tinycc-devel] sizeof (long double) vs sizeof (double)

From: Mads
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] sizeof (long double) vs sizeof (double)
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 16:38:17 +0200

I wish to use extended precision in functions compiled by tcc during execution.
Unfortunately, it appears that for any functions compiled by tcc, sizeof (double) == sizeof (long double)  - and I haven't got the slightest clue whether it's intended, if it's a bug or if I'm missing some flags.

Specifications:
tcc (latest version 2014-08-01 http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/shortlog ) compiled with msys mingw (using command: ./configure [--prefix installpath])
Test code ( http://pastebin.com/yiSDFfYU ) is compiled with gcc (codeblocks, 64bit, windows 7).

tcc-compiled code:
char my_program[] =
"int GetLongDoubleSize(int n)\n"
"{\n"
"    return sizeof(long double);\n" //returns 8
"}\n"
"int GetDoubleSize(int n)\n"
"{\n"
"    return sizeof(double);\n" //returns 8
"}\n";

Output:
----- tcc compiled 'char program':
Long Double size: 8