[Tinycc-devel] Win: Advise a "spliting the crt source files" thing

From: YX Hao
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Win: Advise a "spliting the crt source files" thing
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 23:42:20 +0800

Hi grischka,

As you say before:
"I'd agree with separate code, but not with separate sources."
I think there is reason.

Here as the title I have a new discovery.
Useless functions are also added when linking the executable file.

You can complie my attached file, and then take a look at the disassemble codes using a debugger. To the "wincrt1.c", it is the same: "_runwinmain" for "-run" mode is linked in an exe output file, and "_winstart" could be in the memery of "-run" mode. It will be the same situation to an Unicode version.

I have made a patch and confirmed that.
As TCC does NOT do an optimization, we do for it, although the reduce of useless codes could not be many. :p

Attach my previous standalone version of the whole files, just for your convenient to confirm that.

What do you think? Hope hearing from you.

Regards,
YX