[Tinycc-devel] suggestion: accept def file in compatible way

From: lifenjoiner
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] suggestion: accept def file in compatible way
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:29:52 +0800

Hi grischka and there,

It is all about on windows.

We know that TCC accept def file generated by tiny_impdef with a simplest
format.

When using 'w32api', its def file is also valuable as there are comments
sometime. But its format is redundant, and couldn't be understood by TCC. I
find out 3 styles:
        address@hidden
        function DATA
        C++ decorated function starts with "?"

To use the def file,

One way is reproduce them all by tiny_impdef or don't use them but produce the
one when needed. It's OK.

The other way I am wondering is adding a side-way pre-process, which works when
needed (if condition is true). Of course it will cost time. And its benefit is
compatibility. We don't need 2 sets of def files.

What do you think?