Re: [Tinycc-devel] inline assembly and optimization passes

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] inline assembly and optimization passes
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:05:56 +0200

Jared Maddox wrote:
decl(  ) comes from tccgen.c, and looks like the bottom-level function
in the parser proper.

true.

I ASSUME that when it finishes, you'll have a
ready-to-use parse tree in the active TCCState.

false.  TCC translates to machine code immediately while it reads
along the input C:
    http://bellard.org/tcc/tcc-doc.html#SEC30

... then I'd suggest going back to my suggestion of an IL/IC target

Actually there is a CIL generator in the TinyCC sources that was
written once by Fabrice Bellard:
    http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/blob/refs/heads/mob:/il-gen.c
    http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/blob/refs/heads/mob:/il-opcodes.h
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Intermediate_Language

However it has fallen behind since then so definitely would need
some care if someone wants to reactivate it.

--- grischka