Re: [Tinycc-devel] Dynamic code generation

From: j . eh
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Dynamic code generation
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:24:16 -0500

Hi David.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 09:22:04PM -0500, David Mertens wrote:
> John -
>
> This is *very* interesting. One thing that I have been dreaming about is
> the ability to have some major module partially compile code once and then
> allow the "user" to plug in miscellaneous expressions and finish the
> compilation. It sounds like your patch might allow this sort of
> functionality, or be the first step towards something like that. :-D

Interesting idea. I think you will be restricted to using one state at a time.
States with overlapping lifetimes probably not going to work.
This is just a guess based on whatever I gathered from poking around
the source, havn't tried it myself.

> David
>

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:

[.. snip ..]

> > It seems necessary to carry around the entire TCCState when
> > only the memory for the code is really of interest. tcc_delete()
> > deletes the memory provided by the user

This assertion is most likely incorrect. It looks like tcc_delete()
does the right thing.

John