Re: [Tinycc-devel] Do we want a BSD license for tinycc?

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Do we want a BSD license for tinycc?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:43:03 +0200

Le mardi 30 avril 2013 15:40:43, grischka a écrit :
> > ... and since I got permission from Fabrice to use his
> > original tcc code under a BSD license ...
>
> Actually it's a long standing offer from Fabrice, also repeated
> lately on the occasion of the 0.9.26 release.

Yes, sorry. I weant to send an email for that but delayed way too much.

> So the questions is:  Do you people want, is it possible, what
> would it take - to change our tinycc code's license from LGPL
> to a BSD-like one (such as below).

As I already said privately, I'm fine with BSD-2-clause. But if Daniel is
against that basically removes support for ARM architecture. Yes there would
be some private fork but I think most of them would not add much (I might be
wrong). If a fork adds a lot of code it has an interest to get merged.
However, tcc is not fast moving so I might be wrong in this specific case.

> Please discuss.
>
> --- grischka

Best regards,

Thomas