Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:52:30 +0100

Le lundi 14 janvier 2013 18:47:12, Akim Demaille a écrit :
> Le 14 janv. 2013 à 18:23, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden> a écrit :
> > What do you think of the proposed fix? It works for me at least. It first
> > look at the directory in which the symlink is to be done and strip
> > entirely the path if it's "./". Else, it will look like path/to/symlink
> > and it will replace each subdirectory by .., as in your original patch.
>
> yes, this is what I meant by "cleaning".
>
> > At this stage you get the correct number of .. to go down from the
> > directory where a given symlink is to be created to the directory in
> > which configure was called. You just need to add the relative path to
> > the source root + the path to the Makefile needing to be symlinked.
>
> This part is expected to be correct in what I had submitted.
> IIRC, only the "cleanup" part is needed, right?  You might
> have intended to attach a patch for review :)

Yes, only the cleanup was needed but it was easier (at least it seemed easier
to me) to build the path differently, hence this last part changed as well, but
the principle remain the same.

You can find the patch in the web VCS interface at:

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/f7b417723ed6875684b3591845e93ae1f49813d3?hp=a4e630c7d94f64af160ffaabf290735b7374c8ec