Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:55:02 +0100

Hi Akim,

Le dimanche 13 janvier 2013 23:30:49, Thomas Preud'homme a écrit :

> In the case we had some warnings I'd still prefer to not use
> -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE 0. The first reason is that _FORTIFY_SOURCE does 2
> things: it hardens the source by adding some buffer overflow checks and it
> adds more warnings. Setting _FORTIFY_SOURCE to 0 would stop the warning
> but also stop all the hardening which could be wanted. Secondly, turning
> off warnings globally to avoid some false positives would mean we miss
> real cases where someone forgot to test the return value of a function.
>
> > Also, someone please test the functionality of the install.  (I suspect
> > libtcc.h might be missing).
>
> Good catch. It seems it comes from commit
> e79281f58ec302e8cc9dfc7d00e06f426fcd2acd.

Can you explain me what is the purpose of second part of the sed command used
to create symlink to Makefile: s,[^/]*/,../,g

I'm trying to build from tmp/tcc-builddir while the source are in tmp/tcc. The
first part of the sed command correctly transform "../tcc/./" into ../tcc/ but
then the second part change it into ../../

I suppose that was not the intended behavior but I don't see what was
expected.

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme