[Tinycc-devel] Proposed release outline

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Proposed release outline
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 23:30:46 +0100

Le jeudi 6 décembre 2012 17:00:40, grischka a écrit :

> Well, release would be fine for me.  Honestly, even better if someone else
> could do it.  Steps IIRC are:
>
> - update Changelog and VERSION
> - tag the git revision
> - pack archives and upload to savannah
>    (http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/tinycc/)

What do you mean by pack? Do you mean binary archives? If you mean source
archive, can't the archive of master from git.or.cz be used for source archive
once we decide master is ready?

> - inform Fabrice (including the one-liner release description for his web
> page)
>
> Thomas? ;)

Ok, I should be able to do that without errors.

> Basically since you (and others) did most of the work recently you have
> better overview what has be done and if/when it is ready for release.
> Generally my impression is that tinycc is still in reasonable shape overall
> (i.e. works and is fast and small).

I'm not so sure about the overview but I'll try a cooperative approach whose
outline is the following:

1) Announce a release candidate release. If possible make a tarball available
somewhere or maybe add a tag in git. At least announce it

2)  Start to only include in master cherry-pick of bugfix in mob. Also kindly
ask people to consider only commiting in mob bugfixes (but let mob widely
open).

3) Ask people to check their contributions is mentionned in the Changelog

[LATER]

4) Ask if anybody still has plan to fix things

[LATER]

5) Release according to the steps you gave.

I'm very busy and will continue to do so for the next 16 days. I'll try to
start steps 1-3 in the next couple of days though. Then I'll be able to answer
again and will continue with steps 4 and 5.

> Also I don't have a working linux installation right now.  I can contribute
> the windows binary pack though if needed.

Good, because I have linux but no Windows. :) We'll complement each other.

> --- grischka

Thomas