Re: [Tinycc-devel] Incorrect shift result type with 64-bit ABI

From: Milutin Jovanović
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Incorrect shift result type with 64-bit ABI
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:34:25 -0400

The patch looks good to me. I also did some basic tests, and the patch did not seem to break anything. I assumed you wanted it commited, so I did that in your name.

Miki.

On 2012-06-26 15:07:57 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> ISO C99 TC3 says: [6.5.7#3] "The integer promotions are performed on
> each of the operands. The type of the result is that of the promoted
> left operand."

I've written a patch (attached). Now the shift problems no longer
occur with the testcase and with GNU MPFR's "make check".

--
Vincent Lefèvre <address@hidden> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>