Re: [Tinycc-devel] master bump to mob

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] master bump to mob
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:24:20 +0200

Le mardi 12 juin 2012 15:56:57, vous avez écrit :
> Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> > Greetings grischka,
> >
> > sorry to bother you again but would you mind bumping master to the
> > current mob in the next days? By the way, when do you plan to do a
> > release of tcc?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Thomas Preud'homme
>
> Done.  Btw. you can do that yourself in future if you send me your
> repo.or.cz username so I can give you "master permisssions" for tinycc.
>
> --- grischka
>
> Btw. in
> http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/9a81dcab0ab1c992efa4a6d74eeb8681
> 2758de20
>
> Is this missing a "break;" or a comment like /* fall through */ ?
>
>           case R_ARM_ABS32:
>               *(int *)ptr += val;
>               break;
> +        case R_ARM_REL32:
> +            *(int *)ptr += val - addr;
>           case R_ARM_BASE_PREL:
>               *(int *)ptr += s1->got->sh_addr - addr;

Oh dear, it misses a break indeed. I don't remember the exact test I did but
that was a home made assembly file with no code so I couldn't test the output.
I did however checked the result of the relocation and I remember the
relocation gave a different result on gcc and tcc but that is expected because
the symbol doesn't end up at the same adress in the final executable. So I
tried to compare the computation done in both case and compare with this
formula. Obviously I failed somewhere.

I'll add this break but before committing I'll try to create a full program
which I will be able to execute. Good you noticed.

Are you sure you're still ok with "master permission"? ;-)

I've just created an account robotux on repo.or.cz.

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme