Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug: malloc + function returning double + comparison

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug: malloc + function returning double + comparison between doubles
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 20:01:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Daniel Glöckner wrote:

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 09:15:52AM +0200, Michael Matz wrote:
Thomas: as you were last fiddling with arm, you might want to check
if the test works on it.  The other alloca testcase is #ifdef'ed on
i386 and x86_64, but that only makes sense if alloca really isn't
supported on arm, which I can't believe.  If that really is the case
callsave_test() needs to be conditional too.

Some time ago I posted an alloca version for ARM:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2011-02/msg00046.html

Ah, I see.  Well, alloca is highly desirable to have IMHO, so ...

but we don't build a libtcc1 for ARM

... I think we should do so then. As it seems the various arithmetic routines of libtcc1.c aren't needed on arm it would only contain alloca. I'd vote for the assembler implementation (don't know if it would have to differ between the eabi and oldabi variants).

Ciao,
Michael.