Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc mob branch, x86_64, fails some tests with gnu

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc mob branch, x86_64, fails some tests with gnu awk
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:41:03 +0100

Le mardi 21 février 2012 13:08:17, address@hidden a écrit :
> Hi. If someone has the time to look at this, I'd appreciate it. I
> occasionally use tinycc to compile gawk, just to use a different C
> compiler.
>
> The gawk sources are availble from savannah.gnu.org, and can be cloned
> with git. It would be best to use the gawk-4.0-stable branch. I build
> gawk with
>
>       CC=tcc ./configure && make && make check
>
> A number of the gawk tests fail.  If one of the tcc developers can look
> into this, it'd be great; I suspect the work would move TCC forward
> significantly.
>
> I am usingthe x86_64 architecture on Ubuntu 10.11.
Are you using tcc from Ubuntu or compiled from the development branch? If the
former, then try using either the development version (on the mob branch) or
if you don't know how to do it you can try the version in experimental in
Debian. For this, just add the following line:

deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ experimental main

to your sources.list, run apt-get update and install tcc again. This package
contains almost all the change from the mob branch.

> Thanks,
>
> Arnold
Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme