Re: [Tinycc-devel] Best workaround for VLA's

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Best workaround for VLA's
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:33:40 +0200

Le lundi 11 avril 2011 16:45:25, Joe Soroka a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > I'd also want to apologize as I didn't have time to work on tcc again
> > this WE since I have some work to do for my job. I will try to work on
> > it tonight or tomorrow evening.
>
> Just to let you know, I've already finished the fixes you described
> for VLA, committed on my local branch.  You can take a break and relax
> if you want.  I'm just installing a 64bit VM to try get it working on
> x86-64.  Should be done pretty soon.

Great. I gave it a quick look and the logic is definitely better. I'm happy VLA
will finally be supported properly in tinycc. I'm amazed and very happy by the
number of commits you did. Especially since for VLA at least I know you did
them in a timely manner.

About your last commit (2b7a8eb8f56c118d8bfe75d42abd3d88b8e03495), grishka
suggested me, as you mention it, the solution of leaving it up to the linker.
As he explained, it gives a better explaination about what is the real problem
(tcc support of VLA is platform-agnostic, it just need a working alloca on the
target platform for it to work.

Again, great job. Thanks for improving my initial code.

> Thanks,
> Joe.

Thomas Preud'homme