Re: [Tinycc-devel] configure: --sharedir documentation root

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] configure: --sharedir documentation root
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:16:54 +0100

Henry Kroll wrote:
After more searching around existing software puts documentation in
either or both places, and it looks like the following would be the most
common configuration and the one I would prefer, so I made this the
default:

./configure
Manual directory    /usr/local/share/man
Info directory      /usr/local/share/info
Doc directory       /usr/local/share/doc/tcc

They can still be overridden individually and clever windows users can
set --sharedir= to the location of "My Documents"

They could set it but it would not have any effect. ;)

In any case, "--sharedir" is not an option that configure scripts
usually have.  Why does tinycc need it?

Also what is the deal with --tccdir?  Why do we need that?

./configure --help explains thusly:

  --sharedir=DIR           documentation root DIR [PREFIX]/share
  --docdir=DIR             documentation in DIR [SHAREDIR/doc/tcc]
  --mandir=DIR             man documentation in DIR [SHAREDIR/man]
  --infodir=DIR            info documentation in DIR [SHAREDIR/info]

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/48e325df3cad5cdadef6bb354bbc328d70c6ab32