Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on OS X

From: Aaron Gough
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on OS X
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:57:57 -0400

Hey Thomas,
No time wasted on my end. It's been a long while since I had to do anything C-related, good to get a glimpse again.

If anything I should apologize for wasting your time! Thank-you again for all your help!

If the TCC team ever look at adding MACH-0 support to TCC please let me know and I will be happy to be a tester.

Regards,
  Aaron

---
Aaron Gough
Software Developer

+1-647-746-7083
www.thingsaaronmade.com

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden> wrote:
Le jeudi 16 septembre 2010 20:31:33, Aaron Gough a écrit :
> Hey Thomas!
> Sorry for the slow response...
>
> So upon further research it turns out that TCC is not actually capable of
> producing binaries in a format that OS X can read... OS X uses the MACHO
> binary format and cannot read ELF executables at all.
I my god, I feel so ridiculous. I didn't know Mac OS X wasn't able to execute
ELF binaries. AFAIK *BSD can with some compatibility layer.

> I think that makes the whole issue kind of academic unfortunately.
Well, if tcc compile, then perharps tcc could be used for cross compiling.

> If you would like me to continue with testing please let me know.
Well, as you said it would be kind of academic now. Sorry for making you loose
your time will all the tests.

> Regards,
>   Aaron
Best regards,