Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some possible bugs in tcc

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some possible bugs in tcc
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 23:14:05 +0100

Bill Hart wrote:
Yasm runs on linux and Windows and is becoming more popular. If tcc
also happens to assemble yasm code, then that is another way to
support both projects, no?

The main reason it would be useful to me is that the Windows 64
assembler code in MPIR is in yasm format.

Anyhow if it is only useful to me, I guess I won't bother with it.

Feel free.  I just wondered how far one can get with yasm compatibility,
seen that for instance tcc simply uses the C parser and preprocessor
for the assembler,  or that forward jump distance calculation would
require some intermediate code representation that tcc does not have.
It's not that I don't like the idea.

---grischka