Re: [Tinycc-devel] C Exception Handling: Any takers?

From: Ivo
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] C Exception Handling: Any takers?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 17:42:02 +0200

On Thursday 03 September 2009 16:21, Mikael Lyngvig wrote:
> I can see that almost 40 people have read my little "paper" on extending
> C with exception handling, but I have received no emails regarding the
> issue.

One of those 40 was me. In principle, I like your implementation, but I
don't think it belongs in a C compiler. I don't get the whole fuzz about
exceptions anyway. Nevertheless, if you want to find people that might be
interrested in your ideas, I think the LLVM development mailinglist would
be your best choice. Especially if you could make it work for C++
execptions, too. IIRC, there has been a thread there about different
trade-offs for exception handling implementations recently.

Regards,
--Ivo