Re: [Tinycc-devel] weird error message.

From: Daniel Burke
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] weird error message.
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:17:17 +0930

Personally I interpret that as meaning it's expecting an ; where it found an =, although my C-fu is not strong enough to know if an extern declaration and an assignment are allowed in one statement, I only have my intuition saying that's naughty. Maybe if the error said "';' expected, '=' found" would be nicer. I know I frequently get sad when a code mangler says "error on line x", and that line has several hairy bits on it.

Re: #tcc, I don't know of a better one, but I'll happily join.