Re: [Tinycc-devel] Antivirus headaches

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Antivirus headaches
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:51:21 +0200

Rüdiger Plantiko wrote:
Hi,

I would be interested in an answer too. In version 0.9.24, I get Alerts
from the different programs "CheckPoint" and also from Norton AV, whenever
I am compiling an executable with linking to a DLL. Even in the example,

There is no answer currently.  What we need is someone with access
to AV programs AND sufficient hacker qualities to figure it out.

It could help too if you have some "Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.uq"
on your system, say for comparison.  Maybe you can get one from
the support people of your AV program ;)

I personally don't have the virus nor do I have/use AV programs.

--- grischka

\tcc\tcc hello_dll.c -L\tcc\examples -ldll

I get the worm warning:

Email-Worm.Win32.Zhelatin.uq was found in W:\tcc\examples\hello_dll.exe on
10.06.2009 09:59:44

Since I don't know which AV programs my future users will have, I can't
use tcc for my actual software project (although I'd like to).

Maybe there's some obligatory field in the PE header not filled? I don't
know the details, unfortunately.

Regards,
Rüdiger

Hi,
   9.25 is giving me a lot of headaches with AVG. Nearly every other
compilation results in the exe created being identified as a worm
(Nuwar.L).
Checking with online scan services like virustotal shows that some other
av
also 'identify' the exes as trojan.crypt.xpack.gen.
  Iam getting such messages even when i compile examples of the disphelper
library or minforth. Iam able however to run the files without
compilation.
All this is very frustrating. Can anyone give me a practical solution?
vijay