Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: TCC:cannot find -l"xyz.dll"

From: Jon A. Lambert
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: TCC:cannot find -l"xyz.dll"
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 04:57:13 -0400

Yes, and it's a good decription of procedure worth adding to main help. It would also be nice for the other major method to work though, and I discovered that one simple change will do it.

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop>F:\TCC\TCC.EXE F:\TCC\EXAMPLES\HELLO_~2.C
F:/TCC/EXAMPLES/HELLO_~2.C:1: unrecognized file type

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop>F:\TCC\TCC.EXE F:\TCC\EXAMPLES\HELLO_~2.c

These show that TCC is only accepting the lower case C in the manually edited drag/dropped auto-written shortname path. If TCC were edited to allow both cases for that .c extension, all would be well. It's not that it needs to understand these paths at all, it just has to not block them because the second instance worked fine, so clearly that business with the tilde and the numbers doesn't bother TCC at all. Just needs C as well as c to be accepted.

As a long time windows user I've had no problems using tcc
I've never dragged and dropped files to a DOS box
I never use the desktop as a file storage area
Microsoft dropped support for DOS/win9x systems many years ago

What's odd about the above technique is it's limited to the most trivial of projects.

--
J. Lambert