Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc Changelog

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc Changelog
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:49:21 +0100

From: "Zdenek Pavlas":
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 10:13:08PM +0000, grischka wrote:
>
> > Reverted case label optimization
> > (See Changelog for details).
>
>  > Last added case label optimization (455) produced wrong code.
>  > Reverted.
>
> Have you some more information how to reproduce the bug?

Not a quite simple one. The scenario is: I tested tcc to compile
pcc (http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/ftp/pub/pcc/pcc-cvs-071027.tgz)
and then that pcc when it compiles it's own pftn.c, in the 91kb
assembler file writes one single wrong instruction 'movl %al,%cl'
which should be 'movb %al,%cl'.  It's a rather indirect evidence,
but still.

The patch in question is here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-06/msg00001.html

> Looked simple enough to be ok, but I might be wrong, sure.

Well, maybe it's some interaction with goto's or maybe with the
'save_regs()' mechanism, or maybe just with another bug that we
don't know yet ...

--- grischka