Re: [Tinycc-devel] Today's bug...

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Today's bug...
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 18:30:56 -0400

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 05:42:35AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> That definition comes from /usr/include/features.h, and to make
> a long story short we get it by #defining __STDC_VERSION__ 199901L
>
> Since we _do_ support c99, this shouldn't break anything.  I think...

Well you can always just define it unconditionally, and then if anyone
complains about some broken C99 feature you can fall back on the same
rationale that gcc uses for defining __STDC__ unconditionally ;-)

    "Sometimes people say that defining `__STDC__' in a compiler that
    does not completely conform to the ISO C standard somehow violates
    the standard.  This is illogical.  The standard is a standard for
    compilers that claim to support ISO C, such as `gcc -ansi'--not
    for other compilers such as plain `gcc'.  Whatever the ISO C
    standard says is relevant to the design of plain `gcc' without
    `-ansi' only for pragmatic reasons, not as a requirement."

                                                  -Dave Dodge