Re: [Tinycc-devel] 4 bugfixes for Rob Landley's revision 470

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] 4 bugfixes for Rob Landley's revision 470
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:08:08 +0200

Gregg Reynolds wrote:
On 9/5/07, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <address@hidden> wrote:
Nevertheless I wonder if it might be a nice educational experience to
write a new tcc (or however it would be called) from scratch, using nice
function and variable names, a sane scoping (not everything as globals)
and broken up into multiple files.  Of course that sounds like a lot of
work as well :)

I'm *very* interested in that and would be extremely pleased to find a
collaborator, especially somebody who knows a thing or two about this
kind of stuff.  I'm slowly working my way through the code taking
notes with vague ideas of turning them into a HACKING file or the
like.

If you consider starting TCC from scratch you might look into other small open source compilers like http://sourceforge.net/projects/nwcc/