Re: [Tinycc-devel] 4 bugfixes for Rob Landley's revision 470

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] 4 bugfixes for Rob Landley's revision 470
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:14:56 +0200

Rob Landley wrote:
In any case, skipping trailing whitespace changes the semantics of \, so
that's not a wise thing to do.

Is there ever any code that would compile before, but wouldn't now?

I guess this:

#ifdef notyet
#define brokenstr "test\<iamaspace>
#endif

whops, #endif got eaten.  gcc does the same, however.

Then do so. I am not interested in that. I'm interested in taking something that works now (tcc) and making it better. If you want to start over from scratch, you do not need my permission.

Are you unfriendly by principle or is this just general I-don't-like-the-state-of-the-world grumpiness?

Of course I don't need your permissions, I don't even care about your opinion. I thought that maybe there are more people than me hanging around on the list who are actually interested in having a nice compiler, rather than waiting for somebody to "fix" any current one.

cheers
  simon