Re: [Tinycc-devel] autoconfiscation

From: Peter Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] autoconfiscation
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:48:36 +0200

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 00:38 +0200, Jakob Eriksson wrote:

> Many things can work well enough. Now that we have cmake
> on the table, I can put forth omake too, I suppose.
>
> http://omake.metaprl.org/index.html

As much as I like functional languages (and that's a lot!), I don't
think that's a good idea.  If it can be made to work with omake in
addition to GNU make without too much trouble, fine.  But let's not
require too many unusual things installed on people's machines.  I don't
have ocaml installed, for example.  And let's not require simultaneous
knowledge of too many unusual languages of the potential hackers on the
build system.

-Peter

PS: I think they made a huge mistake first by not sticking to Standard
ML syntax and secondly by allowing for lots of private syntaxes with
Camlp4.