Re: [Tinycc-devel] TLS/__thread support

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TLS/__thread support
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 01:59:46 -0500

On Saturday 25 August 2007 10:13:13 am Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Do you have any opinons on if or how to support thread local storage (TLS)
> support (via the __thread keyword)?

I'm under the vague impression it just goes into another ELF section, but I
don't know the details.

> If there is a possibility to implement it and a possibility to get the code
> incorporated, I might try and do it.

I'll happily take a patch. :)

> However I'd need some pointers on
> where to look and where to tweak, because I'm a total newcomer to the
> tinycc source.

Line 5593 of tcc.c, "parse_attribute()", handles the gcc __attribute__
extension, meaning it might even be possible to implement __thread as a
#define.

But this is just a guess...

> cheers
>   simon