Re: [Tinycc-devel] What's the newest release of TCC? is it still in 0.9.

From: Conrado Miranda
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] What's the newest release of TCC? is it still in 0.9.23 released since 2004?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:44:50 -0300

On 7/23/07, Rob Landley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday 22 July 2007 12:32:56 pm Conrado Miranda wrote:
> No, it isn't. Fabrice doesn't spend time on it anymore.
> You can find the lastest version here: http://landley.net/hg/tinycc
> Rob mantains tcc now and his page has lots of patches and the source
> with all patches applied.

Um, "maintains" is a bit strong.

I maintain my own fork, and happily accept patches to it, but it's
not "official" and I am constantly reminded that it never will be.

Fabrice Bellard made it clear that the only possible "official" version is the
CVS repository on Savanah.  I don't do CVS, it's an old crufty technology
from the 1980's that I try not to touch unless paid to.  Every few months
somebody comes up with some plan or other to revive the old CVS tree, and I
stop working on mine.  (In part I get out of their way in case it actually
happens, and in part I'm dispirited by this and loose interest.)

The most recent reemergence of this concept was:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-05/msg00139.html

And I've barely touched my tree since then.  (It usually takes me at least
three months to regain interest when this happens, and this time I'm busy
enough with other things it may take much longer.)

I do not have tools to merge anything from CVS into my tree (I made tailor do
a cvs2hg once, but then upgraded Ubuntu and now the python cvs code doesn't
work anymore and nobody's interested in fixing it).  I don't do development
on projects that are in CVS except occasionally by sending in patches to
their mailing lists.  When my tree "fell behind" the CVS tree by one patch
(which was never posted to this list) it stayed there for most of a year.

And now, I'm off to do other things...

Rob
  - Ken Thompson.

Ok, I chose the wrong words and I'm sorry.
Well, here is the answer the boy wanted and that's what matter.

I'm too tired now to write a big message lake yours =P
Maybe other day, when I can be more useful.

--
Conrado Miranda