[Tinycc-devel] Tracking extractions from grischka-2005-09-29

From: David A. Wheeler
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Tracking extractions from grischka-2005-09-29
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 18:02:44 -0400 (EDT)

Rob:
> Right now I'm pondering the original patch and regretting that there's no
> easy
> way to see just the bits that are _left_.  It'd be easier to tackle if, when
> you broke off a chunk, what was left got smaller...

Yeah, I've thought about that too.  If I just extracted pieces from the
original patchset blindly, it'd be easy: apply the extracted patches to one
copy, apply the original massive patch to another copy, and then use diff to
see what was left over.  But I'm not taking the changes blindly, so my posted
extractions don't match exactly the original.

So I have a simple, low-tech solution - a file that records what's left over.
Here it is:
http://www.dwheeler.com/trusting-trust/grischka-todo.txt

This file just tracks what's left in the "diff" file that hasn't been applied
yet.  It doesn't include the test cases, just the test number (that's enough to
show what's not done).  The patch also includes a complete rewrite of tccpe.c,
which I'm not trying to track.  I plan to edit it as I (and others I hope!)
extract goodies from it.  Not high-tech, but "works for me".

--- David A. Wheeler