Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources LinkRes2Exe.exe by Mike Henning

From: bj
Subject: Re: Fw: [Tinycc-devel] windows resources LinkRes2Exe.exe by Mike Henning
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 01:14:48 +0800

i don't put the whole dictionary in one exe file.
i have mysql, php and apache in ServCD (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/servcd) for that.
it is not an english dictionary, it is a Filipino dictionary.  :|
i plan to make it to have most tagalog words, and some english words (if those words are popular proper nouns used in the Philippines or they can't be really translated to tagalog). much like webster dictionary translated to tagalog. 8-) the executable is supposedly to contain a wav file of 1 word to 3 paragraphs of speech sound not 5000 words. more like 1 to 200 words. and it will contain the Filipino text used to generate the speech sound and a play button to play the speech sound. i might even include there the images of the phonemes used. hmmm. so if your input text in the webpage is a word then the executable that can be generated is small and if your input text in the webpage is 3 paragraphs then the executable generated is large. i could do what you said like store all the words in a zip file and load them using a C program but then i have to recode all my php files into C code which would take some time and I am really not good at C. and i can't do that considering this is 7 months late. :'(

i am going to cram all of it in a cd with reatogo and sherpya drivers and i'll have some free space of 40 megabytes for the database of words. reatogo+sherpya drivers=485mb, thesis with docs=175mb, free space for words in the database=40 mb

:)
i've thought about that batch file restarting the exe, maybe i'll use that in the future, because mike's advice about the manifest file worked already. that batch file can be an executable also that launches the exe, hmmm, :| oh yeah, i used brcc32.exe from Borland's freecommandlinetools.exe rather than rc.exe . and it works fine.