[Tinycc-devel] compiling MPlayer or

From: PerfectDark
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] compiling MPlayer or
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:22:49 +0400 (MSD)

Hello!

I tried to compile MPlayer with tcc under win32. There are few gcc extensions
that isnt accepted by tcc. There are two ways to deal with it: change MPlayer
code or change tcc code to accept required gcc features (elegant way isnt it?
:)).

There are two problems I met when compiled MPlayer with tcc:

1) attribute `packed' in structs decls:
//-------------------------
typedef struct __attribute__((__packed__)) struct_name_tag_t
{
// struct members...
} struct_name_t;
//-------------------------
tcc support __atribute__((__packed__)) - I can see it in tcc' code, but why it
is incorrect in structures declaration?

2) place arrays in stack in compile time:
void func( char * text, int n )
{
 char buf[ strlen(text) + n + 1 ];
 // ...
}
Seems this code must use such functions as _alloca (intrinsic language feature
in gnu cc?).
Can this feature be `cheaply' implemented in tcc?