[Tinycc-devel] Generating asm rather than machine code...

From: Kim Lux
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Generating asm rather than machine code...
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:29:04 -0700

We'd like our TinyC compiler to generate asm rather than machine code.

About the only change I think we need to make are that we need symbolic
addresses to be passed to the backend rather than absolute addresses.

For example, when doing a jump, we need to 'jump _funcA'  rather than
'jump 0x3456'  Likewise with vars, we need to store i12  rather than
store 0x123.

Is it OK to look at the top.type.t info for this and use it ?

And we need to know where and when they are declared.  I think the elf
info should help there.

For local function vars, we'll want them allocated on the stack.  In
that case we will need StackFrame +x type addresses.

Comments ?  Ideas ?

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.