Re: [Tinycc-devel] GCC by TCC (some fixes)

From: Zdenek Pavlas
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] GCC by TCC (some fixes)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:15:57 +0200

Fabrice Bellard wrote:

My guess is that it would be possible to come much closer to GCC and BCC in terms in the performance of the generated code and code size without slowing down TCC... I still don't know if it is worth the effort !

Would like to hear your view of priorities..

My guess is that using 2-byte relative jumps would help a lot,
just by fitting more code to cpu cache.  Tricky to do in one pass,
but definitely doable.

--
Zdenek Pavlas