Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc segfault

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc segfault
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 05:29:54 -0400

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:28:09PM -0800, Jesse Liley wrote:
> I get a segfault trying to compile the tcc in a new environment, i.e.
> puppy linux
>
> ./tcc -o tccelf.o -c tccelf.c -D__ASSEMBLY__ -I. -B.
> -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i386 -falign-functions=0

You appear to be trying to compile tcc with tcc.  Obviously if tcc is
not already present, that's going to be a problem.  Also, I think
several of those compiler options are not handled by tcc and are
intended for use with gcc to bootstrap tcc.

If puppy Linux ships with tcc as the only compiler, you may have to do
something special to the tcc Makefile or configure settings to get it
to bootstrap a new tcc by using an existing tcc (I've never tried it).

                                                  -Dave Dodge