[Tinycc-devel] tcc error msg compiling Abiword 2.2.2 - maybe a bug.

From: Parzival Herzog
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tcc error msg compiling Abiword 2.2.2 - maybe a bug.
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:14:07 -0600

Hi,

I am have been playing  with tinycc, and was trying to build Abiword 2.2.2 on
my Mandrake 10.1 box to see how it performed. It had previously compiled and
installed with gcc. But with tcc I got this failure:

../wv/decode_simple.c:313: lvalue expected
make[1]: *** [decode_simple.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/parz/x-src/abiword-2.2.2/wv'

A cursory inspection of the code does not help me to find why there is a
problem here, and the diagnostic would indicate that either gcc has a bug, or
tcc has a bug (i.e. either something is or else it is not an lvalue). So you
tcc developers may want to look into it.

(There was also an error that gcc ignored in this same file at line 246, with
an implicit cast of a const char *, but I was able to fix this.)

Parzival Herzog