[Tinycc-devel] bug: function pointers are broken

From: Lukas Mai
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] bug: function pointers are broken
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:08:48 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I've just downloaded and compiled tcc, and I'm quite impressed by its
size and speed. However, function pointers seem to be broken. The
following examples are all valid C89:

bug1.c:
int main(void) {
   (*main)();
}

bug1.c:2: pointer expected

bug2.c:
int main(void) {
   (1 ? main : main)();
}

bug2.c:2: function pointer expected

bug3.c:
int main(void) {
   int (*x)(void) = 1 ? main : main;
   x();
   /* attempted workaround for bug2 */
}

bug3.c:2: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

All of them were generated with tcc version 0.9.22 - Tiny C Compiler -
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Fabrice Bellard.

I hope you can fix these problems (if you find the time :-).

TIA, Lukas

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail