Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some patches

From: Holger Waechtler
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Some patches
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:13:44 +0200

Hi all,

Boris Buegling wrote:
Mornin',

I made some small patches for tcc-0.9.20, which might be included in the next release (if there will be any, considering the long w/o releases):

1) tcc-0.9.20-diet.patch

This patch makes it possible to link tcc itself against dietlibc.

cool work! One question that came to my mind last time (even if it is not related to the dietlibc changes): Has anybody considered or has there been a discussion anywhere whether/how it would make sense to implement a compiler for the superset of ANSI C and Cg/GlsLang? One usecase would be the dynamic code generation for the Mesa Rendering pipeline, a thin pure OpenGL2.0 implementation would be another one.

Even libraries like ffmpeg could benefit by having more portable SIMD implementations for their DSP code...

Holger