Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCCState, tcc_state, and ch/file/tok

From: fabrice . bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCCState, tcc_state, and ch/file/tok
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 12:35:30 +0200 (CEST)

A few notes:

- CH_EOF is *never* explicitely stored in the buffers (if it is, then it is a
bug), only CH_EOB, so there is no point in changing its value. Moreover, I
don't see special problems in adding multibyte chars in TCC.

- Multiple TCCState are useful to handle multiple compilation contexts. My goal
is to suppress all globals, not to add some. Currently, the only globals left
should be used during tcc_add_file(). It means that in a multi threaded
environnement you can use tcc provided you put mutexes around tcc_add_file().

- OK for the Section patch. It may be better (and simpler) to just include the
ELF section header in the Section structure.

- ld script OUTPUT_FORMAT and some other bugs are corrected in the CVS version.
Please use it before submitting a bug. In particular, All Dave Long patches are
merged in the CVS version.

Fabrice.