Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX

From: Peter \"Firefly\" Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:20:06 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:

> 3) You have run into a snag in some of the BSD unices, including OS X,
> which tries to behave as FreeBSD.  It has a very crippled dynamic loader.

[after some research]

You apparently ran into an even bigger snag.  OS X has more types of
loadable objects than anybody wants to have nightmares about.  It also has
several different, incompatible APIs for accessing them.  The dl*
interface (which most unices use) inherits all the flaws from
FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD and compounds them with the inability to handle the
non-traditional-unix loadable objects that OS X also has.

Looks like you are in for some fun :)

-Peter

We bomb for peace on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  We bring democracy by
bypassing
the UN voting process on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays...- Rogerborg