Re: [Tinycc-devel] bug-report:parameters catch

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] bug-report:parameters catch
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 06:37:00 +0000

On Thursday 06 February 2003 21:51, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Well, I still wonder if 'tcc -run' is interesting. It would simplify the
> command line argument syntax and maybe less people would have problem.
> The only drawback is that you need to add:
>
> #/usr/local/bin/tcc -run
>
> at the start of your C scripts... Any other opinion ?
>
> Fabrice.

If you're explicitly going for a gcc compatable command line, you might want
to have it behave that way if run as "gcc" or "tgcc", and keep the current
interpreter behavior if it's called as "tcc".  (Behavior varying based on the
executable name it's called with, like gzip or busybox do.)

My previous suggestion ("tci" is an interpreter, "tcc" is a compiler) works
too, but a) requires a behavior change, b) breaks with some makefiles that
have the assumption their compiler is called "gcc" hardwired into them.

Rob

--
penguicon.sf.net - A combination Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention,
May 2-4 2003 in Warren, Michigan. Tutorials, installfest, filk, masquerade...