[Tinycc-devel] Ignoring unknown options

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Ignoring unknown options
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 20:08:55 +0100

    Mitchell> In a similar spirit to TCC 0.9.13's planned ignoring of
    Mitchell> -O options, I've found it useful to patch tcc with an
    Mitchell> --ignore-unknown-options option.

    Mitchell> This allows me to use tcc in place of gcc, even when the
    Mitchell> tool managing the compilation is passing a long option
    Mitchell> string, some of it gcc specific, which is sometimes
    Mitchell> inconvenient to filter.

I do agree that this feature is welcome, but there is a related
problem. Autoconf, atomake and the generated gnu ./configure check
that the compiler output an a.out file if not said so. this fails
miserably with tcc, because the -o option should be before others (or
at least before source files) and because the default is to execute in
memory, not output a.out

regards

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
alias: basile<at>tunes<dot>org