tiger-devel

[Tiger-devel] Request reclassification of fsys004i?

From: Ryan Bradetich
Subject: [Tiger-devel] Request reclassification of fsys004i?
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 02:56:50 -0600

Hello all,

I believe a reclassification of the following Tiger error should be
reclassified:

--INFO-- [fsys004i] The following setuid programs are non-standard:

Having non-standard suid programs seems more like an "ALERT" instead of
"INFO" to me.  These INFO messages are easily turned off by default in
the default tigerrc.

$ grep INFO tigerrc
# Should messages tagged with INFO be shown?
Tiger_Show_INFO_Msgs=N

So unauthorized suid files never show up in the default tiger install.

Thoughts or any reason why this should be "INFO" instead of "ALERT"?

Thanks!

- Ryan