tftb-help

Re: [Tftb-help] Urgent Help need on Wavelet and

From: Eric Chassande-Mottin
Subject: Re: [Tftb-help] Urgent Help need on Wavelet and
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:09:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi antony,

In those work, the wavelet transform is defined in the frequency domain with the mother wavelet in frequency domain, and which results another exponential term when the wavelet transform is defined in time domain. Compare to the command "tfrrmsc" in the TF toolbox, the wavelet transform is defined in the time domain and by writing a = f/fo, the TFDs is resulted. Obviously the difference in the defintion resulted a different time and frequency resolution properties.

If anyone has any idea on how to Ling's Wavelet transform using exisiting tool, or if there is any exsisitng code that can do the job, please advise me. The objective is to get the same style of time and frequency resolution, the variations on different wavelet can easily be modified.

I am not sure I understand your question.

you may have a look to  tfrscalo.m which uses another
implementation the continuous wavelet transform.

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/tftb/tftb/mfiles/tfrscalo.m?revision=1.1&view=markup

2. Baraniuk-Jones optimal kernel distribution (BJOKD)

In the acknowledgement the authors have give thanks to signal processing group at the Rice University. It would be appreciated if someone can give me a hand on it.

I'm sure that a google search for Baraniuk and Rice University
will point you the right page.

cheers,
eric.