Re: [Texmacs-dev] Native M1 version

From: TeXmacs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Native M1 version
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 23:00:56 +0100

Hi Pierre-Henri,

Thanks for your feedback.

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 04:24:21PM +0100, Pierre-Henri Jondot wrote:
> I tried this build on my m1 macbook air and although I did not try to
> benchmark it, it feels really smooth and responsive.
>
> A few bugs though :
> - icons on the toolbar at first launch were really huge. It got fixed by
> playing with the settings about retina screen, although I am not sure what
> fixed it exactly as I got one direction and back and I am pretty sure the
> settings are now the same as they were when I first ran this new build of
> TeXmacs.

It could be that you already had some preferences activated (if you installed a
previous version of TeXmacs).
In the retina settings, you can reset to the default to give it a fesh restart.

> - a supposedly reproducible bug now : going full screen and back, the
> background color for dialogs, toolbars and borders turns black (which along
> with black color for fonts is, well, a bit confusing...) I have not found how
> to get it back to normal, except by closing the buffer and opening it again.

Be careful about the theme you are using.  As I said in a previous email,
there are four themes now.  When using the 'Legacy' theme, you may experience
problems with the colors.  In the other three themes, these problems should
be solved (this is most likely the case for the 'Bright' and 'Dark' themes,
whereas I expect the existence of minor bugs with the 'Native' theme).
As the name indicates, the 'Dark' theme should be nice if you like to
work with dark mode.

(Reminder: the theme can be chosen in 'Edit -> Preferences -> General ->
User interface theme'.)

> I did not try the native menus, and so far have not experienced any crash.

Yes, I guess that the native menus are the only source of serious crashes.

Best wishes, --Joris