Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs-dev Digest, Vol 205, Issue 10

From: Giovanni Piredda
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs-dev Digest, Vol 205, Issue 10
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 22:38:20 +0100

Am 16.01.2021 um 20:57 schrieb Owen Lynch:
Hello,

Thank you for your considered and lengthy response! Essentially, Ivy/Helm shows a list of
completion possibilities, that you can narrow down by typing. It is also possible to do
"fuzzy" matching, so that what you type does not have to match a prefix of an
option, but instead just some portion.

If I could register a keystroke handler for the input widget, then I could use
the texmacs-output widget to display the list of completion possibilities. Is
this possible?

I am interested too. I have written, with the help of Jeroen on the forum, a widget to display the list of labels (http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/how-can-i-see-list-of-labels/335/20). Maybe I could add to it a filter functionality.

The search window highlights matches while the user types. Perhaps the code for reacting to keystrokes is in one of the functions in \progs\generic\search-widgets.scm, but I could not figure out which.