[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs with S7 Scheme

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs with S7 Scheme
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 00:58:03 +0100

Dear all,
 I've spent the last few days in integrating S7 Scheme

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/s7.html

with TeXmacs to replace Guile. S7 is a very small scheme interpreter and I
wanted to see how difficult was to port TeXmacs to it and whether performance
is acceptable. The good thing is that porting is not very difficult and now
that I understand the process better, I think will be also possible to port
TeXmacs to other scheme interpreters if needed. Unfortunately performance seems
to be worser than Guile 1.8 so at the moment does not seems a viable option.

I'm also maintaining a port to Guile 2/3 which seems to work fine.

Best,
Massimiliano