[Texmacs-dev] texmacs and Qt5

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs and Qt5
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 10:27:01 -0500

Can someone comment on what is the status of TeXmacs with respect to Qt5?
More specifically, Qt5.15.1 and later.
I have mentioned two problems that are very likely related to Qt5 (at least on FreeBSD):

1) All plugins seg fault (seems related to changes in Qt pipes)
2) Things are not displayed in the right footer (my last post in texmacs-users)

(I realize that dealing with changing versions of supporting libraries, such as Guile and Qt, is a major pain for the developers, and I very much appreciate their efforts.)

                        Kostas