[Texmacs-dev] Scheme interface for the graphical mode

From: Giovanni Piredda
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Scheme interface for the graphical mode
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 23:47:13 +0100

Dear all,

I am writing a small blog post for modular graphics and I realized that two out of the three functions that I wrote for that already exist in TeXmacs (and maybe the third too ... but I do not know).

To orient myself better: what is the status of the functions in progs/graphics/? Is one expected to be able to use them from Scheme?

I tested a few in a Scheme session. Some work ((stree->tree '(rectangle (point 0 0) (point 1 1))) draws a square), some don't (example: Unbound variable: enhanced-tree-property-set!), some work differently from how I expect them to.

Example for the last case: (enhanced-tree->radical '(with "color" "red" (gr-group (point 1 0) (point 1 1)))) outputs (with "color" "red" (gr-group (point 1 0) (point 1 1)))

A short explanation of the status would help me to rewrite what I have already written (or to put it in the context of what already exists).

As far as I can see, the whole documentation for these functions is in Help→Scheme extensions→Scheme interface for the graphical mode.

Looking forward to some info.

Giovanni