Re: [Texmacs-dev] Update: GSOC 2020 proposal

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Update: GSOC 2020 proposal
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 23:39:07 +0800

The updated proposal is now available at https://texmacs.github.io/gsoc2020/proposal.html .

Now, it is much easier to access than the PDF version and it is also search engine friendly.

Also, Xiang has updated the main page as a project tracker: https://texmacs.github.io/gsoc2020/

Awesome work!!!

---- On Sun, 2020-05-31 22:01:57 Yue, Xiang <yx1107@foxmail.com> wrote ----

Hi All,

Sorry for my long silence since I was preparing graduation things.
I have updated my GSOC 2020 proposal for some changes of my idea. To summarize, I would like to complete two major tasks as follows:
The first one is to transplant markdown converter into TeXmacs. Markdown is a popular language, and there are some contributors developed a "TeXmacs-to-markdown" converter (https://bitbucket.org/mdbenito/tm2md/src/master/). I planned to firstly transplant this to our code and add a new exporting option for users.
The second task is to fix bugs. I planned to choose a TeXmacs file as a test sample, and to find bugs by comparing differences between conversion results and source file. I will try my best to fix bugs to reduce text loss during converting.
Also, I planned to sort out a developing framework for converter, which can help contributors develop their converters for TeXmacs.

Best Regards,
Xiang